Earlier this week I biked all the way to school. Which road trip is 18.6 miles!! I get to school and find out it is student success day, which means all classes are canceled. Way to be a kill joy! Oh well, I was exhausted and decided to eat near by so I could rest my legs a little. I went to Nina’s cafe and they had this delicious grilled cheese with cayenne pepper and sunflower seeds. I have never tried that. And it was amazing!
I had to use those delicious ingredients in my own grilled cheese! And may I just say it was one of my favorite grilled cheeses I have ever had. I ate it with salsa and I highly recommend that. The salsa added a whole new dimension to the sandwich.
Spicy Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 slice gruyere cheese
- a few pinches of cayenne pepper
- a spattering of sunflower seeds
1. Butter one side of each slice of bread.
2. Heat a skillet up. Next place one slice of bread, butter side down, on the skillet. Add the cheese on top. After the cheese begins to melt add the cayenne pepper and sunflower seeds. Add the other slice of bread butter side up and then flip the whole sandwich over. Heat for a few more minutes and then take off heat.
3. Add salsa and chips to your plate with the grilled cheese and enjoy!