This was fantastic. I am going to have so many more dutch babies in the future! :) And the apples in this; amazing! Drenched in brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Perfection!
I have never made a dutch baby before because they need to be cooked in a skillet that can go in the oven. I did not have a skillet that could do that. But now I do!!! I finally bought a cast iron skillet. I can’t wait to see where this leads. I am going to make wonderful food.
Cinnamon Apple Dutch Baby
This recipe was slightly adapted from Spinach Tiger.
- 2 large apples, I used honey crisp
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Peel, core and thinly slice apples. Melt the butter in a 10 inch frying pan. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar, mix well. After its melted add the apples. Cook for about 5 minutes until the apples are softened.
3. Next mix eggs and flour until smooth. Add milk and vanilla. Pour the batter over the apple mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve!!
4. This can be refrigerated and reheated or served at room temperature. But my favorite way is served warm with ice cream!