This is a super easy and delicious recipe. My favorite way to cook chicken thighs (and the only way I have cooked chicken thighs that turned out even remotely well).
Honey-balsamic chicken thighs
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 kosher salt
- 1 ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
2. Place the chicken thighs, skin side up, in a small roasting pan. Season the thighs with salt and pepper. Bake the thighs until the skin is crispy and the juices run clear when the thighs are pierced with a fork, 40 to 45 minutes.
3. While the chicken roasts, combine the olive oil, honey, vinegar, and garlic. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened slightly, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, add salt and pepper to taste, and let stand for 5 minutes to allow for the proverbial thickening upon standing.
4. Once chicken is done, baste each thigh with the glaze and serve.
This recipe was adapted from Poor Girl Gourmet: Eat in Style on a Bare-Bones Budget by Amy McCoy