This was super yummy. I really like marinades. I make them the day before and then just have to bake, grill or whatever and- presto- a delicious meal. Plus, when you leave the marinade on over night it soaks into the chicken really well, so your meal is really flavorful.
Chicken Breasts Grilled with Orange-Ginger Glaze
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded to 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
1. Place the chicken in a container large enough to hold the chicken and about 1 cup of liquid.
2. To prepare the marinade, in a glass bowl whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, marmalade, red pepper flakes, ginger, garlic, and olive oil.
3. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Cover the container, and refrigerate for 8 hours or, even better, overnight. This will tenderize the chicken.
4. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry. Sprinkle both sides with kosher salt.
5. Heat a grill pan or heavy skillet until hot, or fire up you outdoor grill. Brush the surface of the grill with 1 tbsp of canola oil. Turn down the heat to medium-high. Place the chicken pieces on the grill, 3 inches apart. Do not place chicken pieces to close together or they will create steam. Grill chicken pieces for 3 minutes on each side. Continue to grill for 1 minute more on each side for a total grilling of 8 minutes. Some of the pieces may grill faster if they are thinner than the others. Keep your eye on the chicken so it doesn’t overcook or burn.
6. Remove the chicken from the grill. Place on a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
7. Slice the chicken into strips or serve whole.
This recipe is from Cristina Ferrare’s Big Bowl of Love by Cristina Ferrare