I LOVE almost every ingredient in this recipe. It was super easy to make and filled that big jar, the little jar and then a small bowl for a snack right then.
This made my apartment smell so good! Mine did not clump the way the recipe says it should. But I am ok with that. I also tried them with milk, like cereal, and it was really good. And for those of you who know me too well, it was a small amount so it did not get soggy. I hate soggy cereal.
Cocoa Hazelnut Granola
- 1 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place hazelnuts on baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes.
3. Let cool, lower oven to 325 degrees F.
4. Toss hazelnuts, oats, cocoa, cranberries and salt.
5. Pour in oil and maple syrup; toss.
6. Pour onto an ungreased baking sheet and spread out evenly.
7. Bake 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
8. When done, push all the granola to the center of the baking sheet and press together. Let cool completely then break into smaller pieces.
This recipe was from Always with Butter.