I love spicy food and I love marinades and rubs. Mix everything together the night before and then just put it in the oven and bam! Dinner, or today, lunch.
Normally, I make this with chicken breasts, but I had chicken tenders on hand so that’s what I used. Honestly, this is one of my favorite recipes. I cook it all the time. It does have a good punch to it, so if you are not a fan of spicy foods, I would adjust the spices a bit.
Baked Jerk Chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Make the jerk rub by combining the salt, allspice, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic, nutmeg, black pepper, ginger, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and thyme. Toss the chicken breasts with the spice mixture, then cover, and marinate in the refrigerator 2 to 24 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Pour the vegetable oil into a 9 by 13 pan.
3. Place the chicken breasts in the pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until no longer pink in the middle.
This recipe is slightly altered from Allrecipes.com.