These are super easy to make. Chopping the pepper is the hardest part. Otherwise you just throw everything in the skillet, stir and presto! dinner.
This is not very spicy, but it does have the cumulative spiciness factor. Ya’ know where 10 bites in your like wow that has a kick. If you don’t like spicy food just use a different pepper. I like spicy so I used jalapeno pepper.
When I was chopping the jalapenos I touched my face. Not my eyes thank goodness! But still it burned. Oh what I will do for delicious spicy food.
Sticky Thai Chicken
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 large peppers, cored, seeded and finely chopped (I use jalapenos)
- 1 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, halved
- rice or vegetables
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil, chiles, and ginger and cook for 1 minutes. Add the lime juice, fish sauce, and brown sugar and cook, stirring, for another minute.
2. Add the chicken and cook for 8 minutes. Increase the heat to high, turn the chicken and cook for 5-10 minutes more or until golden, sticky and cooked through. Serve with rice or vegetables.
This recipe is adapted from Wives with Knives.