These just have a hint of spice, because I used 1/3 the amount of peppers that were in the original recipe and I added a liberal amount of feta cheese. I like them. My first foray into savory scones was quite the success if I do say so myself.
Jalapeno Feta Savory Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter with pastry blender or your hands until mixture resembles coarse sand. Stir in feta cheese and roasted peppers. Mix in egg and heavy cream until dough comes together.
3. Turn out on a lightly floured surface, form a ball and flatten it until it is about 1-inch thick. Using a sharp knife, cut 8 equal pie wedges. Transfer scones to a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
4. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe was adapted from The Pastry Affair.