This was a huge FAIL. I halved the recipe and I think I forgot to half the amount of molasses. I am not sure, but it was really bad. It had absolutely no sweetness and was just really disappointing.
I think I will try it again some time. I really like coconut and nuts and cinnamon. Oh well, another day! I am going to leave the original recipe without my failed math, assuming that was my problem.
Toasted Coconut Granola
This recipe is from Espresso and Cream
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sweetened flake coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup raisins or dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, almonds, coconut, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine. In a small bowl, combine the butter and molasses and stir until evenly combined. Pour mixture atop oat mixture and toss to combine and coat evenly. Divide mixture between the two prepared baking sheets and spread into a thin layer on each sheet.
3. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring once halfway through baking. Remove from oven and cool. Stir in the raisins or dried cranberries. Store in an airtight container.