This was AWESOME! This recipe comes from 20 something cupcakes, it is genius! Until this year I never really ate squash. Well, I am converted! Squash is delicious. This was sweet and spicy. I was in heaven.
We tried two different types of squash, my friend gave me a mini squash lesson,
and I still can’t remember what type of squashes they were. I will update this as soon as I ask her. The squash we used was buttercup and carnival. I preferred the buttercup and my friend preferred the carnival.
Try this meal and then tell me how you like it! Cuz I think you will love it!
- 1 1/2 pounds winter squash or sweet potatoes, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more to grease the pan
- 1 canned chipotle chile, chopped with 2 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a large rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan with oil.
2. Combine the 1/4 cup oil, chipotle chile, the adobo sauce, garlic, honey, and some salt and pepper in a small bowl. Taste and add another chile if you like.
3. Mix the chipotle glaze and squash together. Mix well. Next put the squash on the prepared pan and roast for 45 to 60 minutes. When the squash is tender and deeply colored, remove from the oven. Serve hot or at room temperature with lime wedges, avocado and cilantro if you like.
This recipe is adapted from 20 something cupcakes.