The first time I made these I burned them to a crisp. It was quite a disappointment. But then, try number two! And you can see they turned out much better.
My dad and I both liked these. I have a lot of Moroccan mix left so I need to figure out what I am going to make with it. I am thinking chicken or something along those lines.
Honey Roasted Moroccan Spice Cashews
This recipe is adapted from Angry Asian Creations.
- 2 cups unsalted cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix*
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
*Moroccan spice mix includes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Roast cashews on a cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes.
3. In a small pot, combine honey and spice mix, heat thru and stir together.
4. Place cashews in a mixing bowl and pour spiced honey over the nuts and toss until all the nuts are well coated. Place the nuts back on the cookie sheet in one layer.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes. Stir half way through. Take out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
6. Combine sugar and salt and sprinkle over the cashews. Toss to coat evenly.