We made this with the Capitol breakfast, because it is delicious and decedent, just like the Capitol would make it.
It was fantastic. It has a little cinnamon and almond in it, which gives it a complex flavor. I highly recommend it. Let me know what ya think!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combien the blueberries, 1/4 cup of water, orange juice, and sugar. Stir gently and bring to a boil.
2. In a cup or small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup of cold water. Mix well!
3. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the blueberries so as not to mash the berries. Simmer gently until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the almond extract and cinnamon. Thin sauce with water if so desired.
This recipe is slightly adapted from All Recipes.