This is a very interesting dish. I love roasted cauliflower, so I thought this would be right up my alley. And it is, but wow this pesto is something else. It is nutty and sweet and goes really well with the cauliflower. It really changes the taste of the whole dish.
It was really easy to make as well. You start roasting the cauliflower and then make the pesto. Next toss it all together and you have a delicious side to go with any meal. And it is Pippi approved so clearly you should try it.
Roasted Cauliflower with Walnut Pesto
This recipe is slightly adjusted from eat make read.
- 1 head of cauliflower, sliced into 1/4 inch thick florets
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pecorino cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Toss the cauliflower with oil. Enough so that all the cauliflower is covered. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. The cauliflower should be golden brown and some bits can be very brown and super crispy.
3. To make the pesto. Put the walnuts, cheese and honey into the food processor. Pulse. Slowly add the olive oil. Pulse. Blend until the ingredients come together and create a paste. Taste it and adjust for your preferences, maybe more honey or a dash of salt.
4. Crumble the pesto over the cauliflower, toss, enjoy.