I am on spring break right now. And in theory I should be getting caught up on everything that I have trouble doing during a normal week. But really who wants to work during their time off? Therefore, easy and simple sounds just like the kind of recipe I want to make.
All you have to do is throw all the ingredients in a bowl, mix, put them in the pan, sprinkle cheese, bake. Super simple! This quiche has way more seasoning than any quiche I have ever tried. Which I should have realized would happen if I am cooking from a Cat Cora cook book. I enjoyed it, but will definitely experiment more next time. This time all my changes were really minor.
This recipe is slightly adapted Cat Cora’s Classics with a Twist by Cat Cora.
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Oil a 9-inch pie plate or an 8-inch square glass baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and oregano. Pour into the dish. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the custard has set and remains firm when you give the dish a little shake.