For St. Paddy’s day I had a potluck/ everyone cook at my apt. And it worked really well! YAY! I think I am going to have one once a month or so. It really was a blast and was super easy. I was kind of astonished how easy it was. Just ask people to come and they make such amazing food and tell wonderful stories. Yes, we will have to do this again!
This dish my friend Katy made. It was a cheesy potato bake. Absolutely delicious, very Irish, very Midwest!
Irish Potato Casserole
My friend Katy made this recipe. She slightly adapted from All Recipes.
- 4 cups peeled and shredded potatoes
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cut in half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Penzy’s Forward blend or paprika
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 1.5 quart baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the potatoes, butter, eggs, and spices. Mix well.
3. Place potato mixture into the prepared baking dish and pour milk over top. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Sprinkle top with cheese, return to oven and bake until cheese melts and is slightly browned.