This was an interesting experiment. I used blue cheese for my cheese. That was a mistake. The blue cheese is too over powering. Next time I will use a milder cheese.
But the idea is awesome! I will make this again soon. Once I finish what I have. One person eating a whole tart takes a while.
Breakfast Tart with Garlic, Mushrooms and Bacon
This recipe is slightly adapted from mont carte.
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough
- 4 oz. cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 bacon slices, cooked until crisp
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
1. Thaw the puff pastry according to the package instructions.
2. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Saute the garlic and mushrooms with a small amount of olive oil.
4. Place the pastry on the prepared baking sheet. Place the toppings (bacon, garlic, mushrooms, cheese) on the tart crust. Bake the tart for 12 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through.
5. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and add the the eggs. Spacing them about 2 inches apart. Bake until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still soft. 7-10 mintues. Serve.