These cupcakes are awesome! You have to try them! Especially if you like tea, but you should really try them regardless.
Aren’t they pretty!?! The glaze is super sweet. I am debating on if I should change it next time I make these. I really enjoy the cupcake itself. The frosting is good, just super sweet.
Also, can I just say that the chamomile tea on top is gold! How beautiful does that look!!?!
Chamomile Cupcakes with Honey Glaze
This recipe is slightly adapted from Joy the Baker.
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons dried chamomile (I used tea bags)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- pinch of salt
1. Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with foil or paper liners.
2. In a bowl cream together butter, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chamomile tea. Mix until the mixture is slightly coarse and sandy.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture gradually. Beat together until well blended.
5. Divide the batter between the prepared cups. Fill them up about halfway.
6. Bake for 17-2o minutes turning halfway through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely before frosting.
7. In a medium bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, honey, cream and salt. Mix until smooth. Use a butter knife to generously spread the frosting atop the cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle with just a bit of chamomile tea leaves. Serve!!