These are so pretty! I love the colors for Easter, all those pastels. I have never really cooked Easter specific food, so when I saw this I thought I should give it a go.
These were whole wheat cookies, which I have never made before. They tasted yummy. They were a little harder than I like, but still good cookies. And Pippi wanted to join in the fun🙂
Bird Nest Cookies
This recipe is slightly adapted from Take A Megabite.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup mini egg chocolates
- shredded coconut to roll the cookies in
- sugar to roll the cookies in
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat together the butter and the sugars with an electric mixer on low until just combined, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until mixed in. Mix in the vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until combined.
4. Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough into the sugar and roll around to coat. Press a few pinches of coconut and 2-3 mini eggs into the dough and place on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges and set in the center. Cool on a wire rack.