This was a really delicious dessert that I had never had before. We had it at Easter and let me tell you. It was fantastic. The perfect amount of sweet and salty.
I strongly encourage you to make it some time. It is a great way to use those delicious strawberries. Also, you want to eat this within a few days, because otherwise the pretzels start to become soggy.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
This recipe comes from Helen Fullerton.
- 2 2/3 cup crushed pretzels
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup cool whip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 12 ounces red jello
- 3 cups hot water
- 2 large boxes of fresh or frozen strawberries
1. Mix pretzels, butter and 2 tbsp sugar and pat into 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes.
2. Mix the cool whip, cream cheese, and 1 cup sugar with a mixer. Spread over pretzel crust.
3. Dissolve jello in hot water. Add strawberries and stir. Pour over the top of cool whip mixture.