I will try again another day. I think I will add more seasonings next time. I took out the pickles, so maybe they added a lot of flavor that I lost. Oh well.
Meatballs with Ricotta in Milk
This recipe is slightly adapted from Serious Eats.
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound beef
- 3/4 cups fresh ricotta
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 6 pistachios, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine the meat, ricotta, eggs, cheese, bread crumbs, and pistachios in a large bowl. Mix together until blended, next make into balls, I used a tablespoon.
2. Heat the butter over medium heat in a large, heavy skillet. Add the meatballs carefully and brown on all sides.
3. Transfer browned meatballs to a bigger pot. Add the chicken stock and milk (it should come about halfway up the meatballs). Bring to a boil then turn down to simmer, and cook until the meatballs are cooked through, about 15 minutes. Season the broth to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with the broth ladled over the meatballs.