My dad loves raspberry so we added a lot of raspberry to the frosting. Buttercream is really buttery, duh right? But I had never really thought about it, and I am not sure if it is my favorite type of frosting.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-10 tablespoons raspberry puree (recipe bellow)
1. Cream butter on medium speed. Add powdered sugar slowly. After it is completely mixed add in vanilla extract.
2. Slowly add Raspberry puree. Mix until smooth.
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
1. In a small saucepan put raspberry, lemon juice, and sugar. Mash the raspberries and stir together.
2. Bring to a boil. This helps release the raspberry juice.
3. After it starts to boil remove from heat. Put it in a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth.
4. Pour the puree through a sieve/strainer so the raspberry sauce comes through and the seeds are left behind.