I am a busy person and I always seem to be hungry. Eating at odd times or stretching the times in between meals. These are the perfect snack! They taste yummy and are filling.
These are super easy to make. All you really do is toss all the ingredients in a food processor and watch it go. Let me know if you try it. I think this is going to become a regular recipe for me.
Cocoa-Nut Almond Energy Balls
This recipe is slightly adapted from Lauren’s Latest.
- 1 1/2 cups toasted, chopped almonds
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Pour almonds into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until nuts turn into a corse meal.
2. Pour in cocoa powder, honey, and coconut oil. Continue pulsing until a very thick mixture forms. You may have to scrape down the sides a few times.
3. Once you have a thick paste, scoop into small balls using a tablespoons. Roll, if you want roll them in shredded coconut or chopped almonds. Store in an air tight container until ready to eat.