This was really good. Not as spicy as I had thought it would be. The blog I got it from said you could put all the ingredients in a blender to make the marinate. I might do that next time. See if it adds a little more kick.
Also, I decided to bake it. I think next time I will try it grilled. See if that adds a little more deliciousness to it.
This recipe is slighly adapted from IamSimplyTia.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
1. Combine all ingredients in a 1 gallon freezer bag. Squish the marinate around to mix and then place in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve immediately.