Sangria is a fabulous, wonderful drink. I love it. This is one of my favorite recipes. It is a little sweeter and packs a little more punch. Everyone love it.
See? And my sister’s wine glasses were the bomb, because they are bigger, so you could get more fruit in her glasses. I take back everything I ever said against large wine glasses.
This recipe is from my friend Leslie.
- 2 bottles (1500mL) of red wine (Spanish wine is best; we used Vina Borgia: Garmacha 2010)
- 1 cup brandy (we used apple brandy)
- 2 cups Triple Sec
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 apple, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 pear, cored and cut into wedges
- 1/2 pineapple, cubed
- 2-4 cups of lemon lime soda
1. Mix the wine, Brandy, Triple Sec, orange juice, and fruit in a large container or glass pitcher. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours; letting it chill overnight is best.
2. Wait until you are ready to serve the sangria before adding the soda. Serve with ice if desired.