This was super delicious. I love macaroni and cheese! And if you add peas and cauliflower that makes it healthy, right? I can dream.
Winnie, the person who made this dish, said she would double the cheese and add some basil or other herbs to fill out the flavor. I definitely agree about the herbs. We will have to experiment!
Macaroni and Cheese with Cauliflower and Peas
This recipe was made by my friend Winnie and adapted from People Magazine.
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup asiago cheese
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1. Cook the pasta according to the box instructions.
2. Mix cheese, milk, egg whites, sour cream, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir into pasta along with the veggies.
3. Top with breadcrumbs and cook at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.