I love granola! The cocoa hazelnut granola was fantastic and this was stellar too! I mean if you put nutella in something how can it be bad?
And it made a huge amount!! I am so happy. I am going to take this to work and snack on it!
Banana Nutella Granola
This recipe is slightly adapted from Sumptuous Spoonfuls.
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 2 cups mixed nuts (I used hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, peanuts, sunflower seeds)
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix the oats, flax, wheat bran and nuts. Set aside.
2. In a separate small bowl, mash the banana very well until it’s smooth (not lumpy). Put the banana in a small saucepan with the maple syrup, Nutella, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt, and cocoa powder. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture is hot and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in the honey.
3. Pour the Nutella mixture over the nut and oat mixture in the bowl. Stir until well combined.
4. Put parchment paper on a baking sheet. Next spread a thin layer of the granola over the baking sheet. Put in the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Stirring every 15 minutes.
5. Next let the granola cool completely before stirring in the mini chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container.