This was really good! My friend Kelzee made it. Nobody could guess the secret ingredient, cocoa powder. I could not taste the cocoa powder, but the whole combinations of spices tasted really good. I totally recommend trying this. I am going to make this when I get a chance. The vegetables she used was just what she had on hand. I really liked the variety.
Automatic focus failed me! Oh well, still a cute photo.
Roasted Vegetables with Cocoa Spice Rub
My friend Kelzee made this recipe. The cocoa spice rub was adapted from allrecipes.com
- 1 tablespoons sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 3/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 butternut squash (diced)
- 8 small red potatoes (diced)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 1 yellow pepper (chopped)
- 8-10 brussel sprouts (halved)
- 2 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
1. Toss veggies in a bowl with some olive oil and the rub. Next spread the veggies on one or two cookie sheets.
2. Bake for 30 minutes or until the squash and potatoes are tender.