I really like these, I mean coconut and chocolate. How can you go wrong? I did not have enough yogurt so it was a little to dry, but easily fixed.
Double Coconut Muffins
This recipe is slightly adapted from Take a Megabite.
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, divided
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and line a 12 cup muffin tin.
2. Whisk together the flours, baking powder, and salt. Stir in 1/2 cup shredded coconut and mini chocolate chips.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, sugar, yogurt, and vanilla.
4. In a small saucepan, warm the coconut oil until it begins to melt and then stir until it is completely melted. Add the coconut oil to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Next add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Combine.
6. Divide batter into the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle the remaining coconut flakes over them.
7. Bake until a tester comes out batter-free, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.