FOODIE PEN PAL TIME!!! I love getting my foodie pen pal package. I really enjoy making the package. It is all so much fun and so yummy!!
These are all the goodies I received from the amazing Amanda! I loved all the treats and pasta! She also sent me a recipe for Chocolate Cake and my oh my it was intense!! A very dark chocolate cake, I needed ice cream with it and then it was amazing!!
You can see the tunnel of fudge in the picture! That was my favorite part!! I sent my package over to Amber at Quidditch, Weight loss, and Being a Teenager.
Tunnel of Fudge Redux
This recipe was given to me by my Foodie Pen Pal Amanda.
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cacao nibs
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bundt cake and dust with cocoa powder.
2. Place the bittersweet chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. Pour the boiling water over the chocolate and whisk until smooth. Let cool to room temperature before using.
3. Whisk together the cocoa powder with the flour, confectioners sugar, salt, and cacao nibs in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
4. Beat the butter with the brown sugar and granulated sugar on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. When it is light and fluffy, beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then beat in the vanilla. Add the cooled melted chocolate mixture and beat until just combined. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and bake for about 45 minutes, until the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. (Don’t use a cake tester for this cake- it won’t come out clean.) Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Do not try to take the cake out of the pan any earlier than this! Then invert the cake onto the rack and let it cool completely (another 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours.) Drizzle the cake with the ganache (see recipe below) and let it set for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Bittersweet Chocolate Ganache
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
1. Put the chopped bittersweet chocolate in a heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the cream to scalding (which means little bubbles form around the edge of cream but before it begins to boil). Pour the cream over the chocolate, cover, and let sit for about 3 minutes, or until the chocolate has melted. Whisk and drizzle over the cake.