Did you see all the pictures from Northern Spark? OMG it was so much fun and so beautiful!! There was so much are and a lot of it was interactive. I went to The Walker first. They had some drawings, bedtime stories and bon fires. Next I went to The American Swedish Institute, where we yarn bombed our bikes. Later I headed over to Minneapolis College of Art and Design. They had so much going on; the group swinging, capture the flag, shadow puppets, this human video game thing, face paint and a glow in the dark space with people playing music that I don’t understand, but looked super cool.
It was so awesome!! I am so glad my friend told me about it! It will now be a yearly ritual of mine I am sure. Oh and there were bikes every where!!
To the food- this was pretty good. Basic but yummy. I am going to start making more exciting kinds of ice cream soon! I promise. But I really like peaches, so I will probably try more recipes with it.
Peaches and Cream Ice Cream
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Combine peaches with 1/4 cup of sugar. Let stand for one hour.
2. Place mixture in a blender and blend until peaches are coarsely chopped.
3. Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, cream, milk, and vanilla to the peach mixture.
4. Start ice cream maker and pour mixture through hole in lid.
5. Churn for 20-40 minutes or until desired consistency.