Today is my first day participating in #Sunday Supper. I am super excited!!
My dad lives 4 hours away from me. And I do not have time right now to visit. Therefore, I wanted to make something that I could mail to him. Which limits my options quite a bit. However, my dad loves cookies so I went with that. And I have never made macadamia nut cookies, so I thought that would be super fun.
Also, if you notice I have some knitting in the picture! I made my dad fingerless gloves: in Vikings colors. My dad is a die hard Vikings fan and last summer he asked me to make him these gloves. I am so happy I finally finished them and now he has them. All in all I think it is a very nice Father’s Day package!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
This recipe is slightly adapted from Whipped.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla, and salt with mixer. Add eggs, beat.
3. Stir together flour and baking soda. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
4. Drop rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
Here are the recipes from the other bloggers who are participating this week!
- Father’s Day Brunch:
- Dad’s Omelette Bar Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Peanut Butter and Honey for Father’s Day Breakfast Yummy Smells
- Healthy French Toast In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Paska Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Dad’s Favorite Soup, Salads and Bread:
- Phil’s Pasta Tuna Salad The Watering Mouth
- Simple German Potato Salad and Wiener Wursts German Foodie
- Roasted Beet Soup Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Dad’s Cornbread Magnolia Days
Father’s Day Favorite Main Dishes:
Dad’s Sweet Tooth:
- Greek Burger Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dad’s Favorite Roast Beef Mrs. Mama Hen
- Sonoran Hot Dogs Damn Delicious
- Bacon Stuffed Jucy Lucy Burger Are you Hungry?
- Spicy Roasted Salmon in Coconut Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dad’s Pride-of-Mobile Fried Oysters Pescetarian Journal
- Smoked Baby Back Ribs Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Pork Chops with Tarragon Butter Tora’s Real Food
- Beef Tongue in Tomato Sauce Basic and Delicious
- Bibim naeng myun Kimchi Mom
- Chicken Biryani Soni’s Food for Thought
- Brown Rice and Black Beans Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Bacon Recipes for Dad Momma Cuisine
- Curry Fish with Mixed Vegetables MyTrials in the Kitchen
- Roast Beef Roll Ups Daily Dish Recipes
- Bread and Butter Pudding Cositas Bonitas
- Tin Roof Sundae Ice Cream famfriendsfood
- Coconut Cream Pudding Chocolate Moosey
- Rich & Fluffy Banana Pudding Parfait The Meltaways
- Black Forest Cheesecake Cravings of a Lunatic
- Macadamia Nut Cookies Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Peach Cobbler Bars Juanita’s Cocina
- Iced Cookie Bars That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pudim Molotoff, Portuguese Meringue Pudding Family Foodie
Wine Pairings for Father’s Day ENOFYLZ