I love black bean burgers. They have always been my favorite type of veggie burgers. I was super excited to try them. AND they tasted great! I used the left overs to make a yummy breakfast skillet. The possibilities are endless.
I had some difficulty keeping everything together. It was very crumbly. Next time I am going to cook them as long as possible before flipping them. If they don’t stay together you can always scoop them with chips.
Spicy Black Bean Burgers
This was slightly adapted from La Casa de Sweets.
- 30 ounces of black beans, drained (2 cans)
- 15 ounces of corn, drained
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of garlic powder
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- olive oil, for frying
1. In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well combined.
2. Using your hands, form the burger mixture into patties, each about a 1/4 cup big.
3. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet or frying pan, and cook the burgers over medium heat until lightly browned on each side.