I made my first pie!!! I was so excited!! My friend Leslie and I went to the farmer’s market and bought the fruit. It was wonderful!
I had a little difficulty with the crust. But making the lattice crust was so cool. I can’t wait to make another one.
Everyone liked it! It was a huge hit!!
I have a lot to learn about pie! And I can’t wait to make more delicious pies as I learn!!🙂
This recipe was slightly adapted from Taste of Home.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 plums
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture ensembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough to fit a 9-inch pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to within 1 inch beyond edge of plate.
3. In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients; pour into crust. Roll out the remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal edges.
4. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake 40-45 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield 6-8 servings.