This is crazy! I improvised! Normally, I strictly follow recipes. I am just not confident that I can alter something and it will still taste good. But today I did not have a recipe and so I was spontaneous.
AND IT WORKED!!!!! Ok, to start for #sundaysupper we are making something from Katie Workman’s cookbook. I don’t have the cookbook so I had to use one of the recipes that is online already. She has a parsley, lemon, rosemary roast chicken recipe that I thought might taste good grilled. Not to mention there is no way I am going to turn on the oven in this heat. (Also, I used parsley instead of rosemary. I forgot to buy rosemary.)
Next, I needed to find something yummy to put on my sandwich. I still have blueberry ketchup from a few weeks ago and people put lemons and blueberries together all the time. But that was not enough!!! I love cheese and have a lot of different cheeses in my fridge. I found my gorgonzola and thought why not? And do you know what- it tasted fantastic! This was a wonderful dish and I will have it again soon!
I hope it sounds good to you too🙂 You should try it and let me know what you think.
Grilled Chicken Pita Sandwich
The chicken rub is based on a recipe from The Mom 100 Cookbook by Katie Workman.
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 chicken breast
- olive oil
- blueberry ketchup
- gorgonzola cheese
- 1 pita
1. Mix the garlic powder, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a bowl. Next add the rub to chicken breast and a dash of olive oil in a ziplock bag. Thoroughly coat the chicken with the rub.
2. Grill the chicken. Next cut the chicken into slices. Put the slices in the pita pocket with the blueberry ketchup and gorgonzola cheese. Enjoy!!
This is a #SundaySupper event and here are all the delicious recipes that my friends around the blogosphere are sharing!!
- Japanese Restaurant Salad with Carrot-Ginger Dressing Shockingly Delicious @shockinglydlish
- Spicy Ranch Bacon & Avocado Quesadilla Daily Dish Recipes @nicolehcook
- Turkey Meat Sauce The Meltaways @MrsMeltaway
- Lasagna with Turkey Meat Sauce GirliChef @girlichef
- Salsa Chicken Quesadilla with a homemade cilantro chimichurri Juanita’s Cocina @juanitascocina
- Individual Grilled Pizza Big Bears Wife @bigbearswife
- Beans and Cheese Quesadila with Tomato Salad Basic n Delicious @basicndelicious
- Grill Roasted Honey Ginger Chicken Are you Hungry? @redkathy
- One-Pot Arroz con Pollo – Cuban Style Comfy Cuisine @trish0605
- Sesame Noodles With Shrimp and Vegetables Magnolia Days @reneedobbs
- Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Casserole Doggie at The Dinner Table @doggieatdinner
- Arroz con Pollo Puerto Rican style Cooking by the seat of our pants @cbsop
- Rice Toppings of Garlic, Lemon, Rosemary Roasted Chicken The Queen’s Notebook @mango_queen
- Pizza Quesadillas Meal Planning Magic @mealplanmom
- Sesame Noodles Cupcakes and Kale Chips @CupcakeKaleChip
- Lasagna Parcels with Turkey Meat Sauce Small Wallet Big Appetite @wallet_appetite
- Grilled Chicken Pita Sandwich Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again @shlylais
- Grilled Breakfast Pizza & Sauteed Corn & Spinach Grilled Pizza Momma’s Meals @mommasmeals
- Pear, Goat cheese and Pancetta Grilled Pizza MamaMommyMom @mamamommymom
- Sauteed Corn, Spinach, Bacon and scallions! Mama’s Blissful Bites @mamapoolecooks
- Thai Style Sesame Glass Noodle My Trials in the Kitchen @seetfei
- Caramelized Onion & Flank Steak Quesadilla In The Kitchen with KP @InTheKitchenKP
- Teriyaki Skewers Real Best Recipe @realbestrecipe
- Skillet Spinach Corn with Edamame Cilantro & Bacon Bits Sue’s Nutrition Buzz @ssunithi
- Pulled Pork with Papa Mike’s Cole Slaw In the Kitchen with Audrey @audreysmamma
- Sauteed Corn, Spinach Bacon and Scallions That Skinny Chick Can Bake @thatskinnychick
- Arroz con Pollo Portuguese Style Family Foodie @familyfoodie
- Fudgy One Pot Brownies Mrs. Mama Hen @MrsMamaHen
- Simple Vanilla Cupcakes Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks @HezziD
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares Chocolate Moosey @chocolatemoosey
- Butterscotch-Bacon Apple cookies What Smells So Good? @jo_jo_ba
Wine pairing Wine Everyday @wineeveryday