I had a dinner party!! It was great; wonderful people and scrumptious food. We also played a mean game of aggravation. My team was so close to winning. So close!!!! But alas, we lost. I call for a rematch!!
This salad was great. A wonderful light dish. I especially enjoyed the parmesan. But really what doesn’t go well with parmesan?
Spinach Basil Pasta Salad
This recipe was made by my friend Katy and adapted from allrecipes.com
- 12 ounces of bow tie pasta
- 5 ounces of spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 25-30 cherry tomatoes
- a few teaspoons of Penzy’s greek seasoning
- garlic, black pepper and salt to taste
- parmesan to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to box directions. Next rinse under cold water.
2. Roughly chop the spinach and put it in a large bowl. Slice the basil into strips and add to the spinach. Add olive oil and seasonings. Stir. Quarter the cherry tomatoes and add to the bowl. Stir in pasta and adjust seasonings to taste.
3. Refrigerate until cool.
4. Add parmesan after serving if desired.