Those delicious spring rolls were made by my friend Kelzee. They vanished rather quickly. She also made this great peanut sauce. Which added some wonderful flavoring to the spring rolls veggieness. (its a word, I just created it)
Here are some wonderful pictures of my friends eating the spring rolls. :) I love it, my friends indulge me. They are so great!!
My friend Kelzee made these.
Makes about 14
- 1 large cucumber, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 medium radish, julienned
- 1/2 cabbage, shredded
- 4 stems cilantro, with stems removed
- 6-7 basil leaves, chopped into strips
- 1 package Vietnamese rice papers
- olive oil, salt, pepper
1. After chopping up vegetables, drizzle them with the oil and add a sprinkling of salt and black pepper.
2. Prepare rice papers one at a time as described on packaging (basically just soak them in warm water for 10-15 seconds until soft), and lay wrapper on a flat surface. Place a small pie of the vegetables (each roll had all the vegetables in it) near the bottom of one rice paper, and fold up to cover the filling once. Fold in each side, and continue wrapping tightly until you reach the top. Viola!
This recipe was adapted from about.com
- 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons white sugar
- dash red pepper flakes
1. Whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use.