My friend Arbor made these. Everyone loved them! The giardiniera peppers were really spicy! They added a nice zip to the sandwich.
This meal was also very informative, because I am not a big tuna salad sandwich person, and I learned that provolone cheese was a must!! As was tomatoes and onions. I don’t think tomatoes and onions are a must in anything. But you can never go wrong with cheese!
Tuna Salad Sandwich
My friend Arbor made these sandwiches. The tuna salad part of this recipe was from about.com.
For Tuna Salad
- 2-3 cans of high-quality tuna
- 4 tablespoons diced celery
- 2-3 tablespoon dijon or other good mustard
- 1/2 a medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- slices of Rye and Pumpernickel bread mix
- slices of onion
- slices of provolone cheese
- giardiniera peppers (sparingly! they’re hot)
- slice tomato
1. Drain the tuna and let sit for a few minutes.
2. Mix the tuna with all the other ingredients in a bowl. Test for salt and add it to taste.
3. Assemble the sandwich with the all ingredients. Grill if you want it hot.