Last dish for the dinner party; the dessert. We cannot forget the dessert!! My favorite part! And this was just delicious; and so sugary. :)
I love all the yummy summer fruit!! And don’t even get me started on cream cheese. I think cream cheese improves just about any dish you put it in.
Scott made this lovely dessert. And he is quite a ham!! He is the only person who wants to be in pictures. I will have to invite him again. I always tell people, “If you don’t want to be in the picture, then you should probably be taking the photo.”
American Flag Cream Cheese Cake
This recipe was made by my friend Scott and adapted from about.com
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar (important!)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- blueberries & raspberries/strawberries
1. Press cookie dough into rectangular shape that is about 1/8″ thick. Push thumbs into edges to create scalloped border. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool completely.
2. Mix the rest of the items(minus the fruit) into a bowl and beat until fluffy.
3. Make the flag!