These were delicious!! I am going to have to make them again. I made them with my sister a week ago. She was visiting and we had a great time. I love sharing food with the people I love.
They turned out to be a little bit difficult to photograph. Which is just too funny, because they tasted so good and I want all of you to go try them. Oh well, I will have to make them again soon and try, try again.
Also, we made a lot more stuffing than was necessary. Then next morning we used it in an egg skillet and it was fabulous. I highly recommend it.
Crab and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
This recipe is adapted from Life Tastes Like Food.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups diced cooked crabmeat
- 8 slices of bacon, fried crispy and crumbled
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with 3 tablespoons of melted butter. Remove stems from mushrooms. Set aside caps. Finely chop stems.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in the chopped mushrooms and green onions. Cook until soft. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, crabmeat, bacon, bread crumbs, eggs, red pepper flakes and cheese. Mix thoroughly.
3. Place the mushroom caps in the buttered pan and stir until caps are coated with butter. Stuff the mushroom cavities with the crab and bacon mixture. Pour wine into the pan around the mushrooms.
4. Bake uncovered for about 15 to 2o minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.