Kelzee made waffles!! They were so good. She brought strawberries and syrup and I had some blueberries sitting around. They were so yummy! Everyone loved them.
It was slightly chaotic in my apartment during brunch! Haha, because of all the hustle and bustle in the kitchen- where only one maybe two people could fit- we made a waffle station in the main room. Kelzee made ton of waffles there!! It worked out really well. I will definitely remember this for the future. In such a small space it is important to move people around in order to make everything work.
This recipe was made by my friend, Kelzee and was slightly adapted from 100 Days of Real Food.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat your waffle iron. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, honey, cinnamon, and baking soda until well combined. Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk together just until the large lumps disappear.
2. When the waffle iron is hot, dab it with a little butter and then ladle some batter onto the center of the iron. Follow the instructions that came with your waffle maker to know how long it should be cooked. Keep waffles warm until you finish cooking all of them. Top with syrup or fruit.