I live by myself. Therefore, getting dinner on the table fast is a little bit different for me than some of the other blogs that are participating in this #SundaySupper. However, I still want to get dinner on the table fast some nights and baked eggs are one of my favorite. You can put whatever you want in it and they are really easy to make. And only 15 minutes in the oven.
Baked Egg with Mushrooms and Bacon
This recipe is adapted from Breakfast Comforts by Rodgers, Rick.
- 1 strip bacon
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- salt, black pepper, nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese
- 3 or 4 mushrooms, quartered
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large saucepan cook bacon. Once it is finished transfer to a plate with paper towels. Next brown mushrooms.
3. Once the mushrooms are browned add the bacon and cream to the skillet, season. Cook for a few more minutes.
4. Next transfer everything from the skillet to a ramekin and add an egg and parmesan.
You are not going to believe the quick and easy Back to School Meals that the #SundaySupper team has put together for you this week. Just look at what they’ve made!
Can you believe that line up of recipes? What a fabulous list of meals we have and like I said, I can meal plan for weeks!
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day today. We’ll also be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST tonight for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk more in depth about Back to School Meals and ways to make meal time easier with tips & tricks to help you out! If you’re a busy parent, you don’t want to miss this!
All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’ll be sharing great recipes and tips all afternoon, and we’ll be talking all things Back to School Meals during our live chat!
We’d also love to feature your Back to School Recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!