My friend Katy made this great potato-egg skillet. I really liked it. I will have to make one for my self one of these mornings.
This recipe was made by my friend Katy.
- 1 large potato sliced
- 10-12 eggs
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped mushrooms
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tablespoon (ish) of olive oil
- Salt, pepper and hot sauce optional.
1. Pour olive oil in a large non-stick skillet that has a cover and add potatoes at medium-high heat. Cover the potatoes and stir/flip occasionally until they are almost done– probably 10 minutes.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, break and beat the eggs in a bowl
3. Stir mushrooms and spinach into the eggs
4. When potatoes are nearly done cooking, reduce the heat to medium/medium-low and flip/stir one more time, making sure they form a layer across the bottom of the skillet. Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and cover again.
5. Allow the mixture to cook until the eggs are set on top, and then layer with mozzarella and allow the cheese to melt before removing from heat.
6. Slide the egg/potato patty from the skillet to a large plate and then slice into wedges and serve! This dish is delicious warm, but can also be served after it cools–kind of like quiche.