The german potato salad is the item on the top of the plate. It was super yummy! Potatoes and bacon, now that is my kinda picnic salad.
German Potato Salad
This recipe was made by my friend Scott and adapted from Allrecipes.com
- 4 potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil salted water. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop.
2. Cook bacon in a large skillet. Cook until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Reserve bacon fat.
3. Add the flour, sugar, water and vinegar to skillet and cook in reserved bacon fat over medium heat until dressing is thick.
4. Add bacon, potatoes and green onions to skillet and stir until coated. Cook until heated and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.