My friend Katy made these tasty egg salad wraps with an avocado twist! Everyone loved them. And she even put the tomatoes on the side for me. What a considerate friend :)!
They traveled really well. And that is saying a lot. Katy arrived by bike. Not all my food is bike ride safe. But since it was such a beautiful day we had a lot of bikers, actually now that I think about it everyone arrived via biking or walking. Gosh I love this weather. Autumn is so wonderful, not too hot and not cold yet.
Avocadoed Egg Salad Wrap
This recipe was made and created by my friend Katy.
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 3-4 large wraps of some sort
- 1 large tomato quartered and sliced
- salt, pepper, and garlic to taste
1. Put eggs and mayo into a bowl and mash together with a fork. Leave some small chunks of egg white for texture. Add avocado and continue mashing (or mash avocado in a separate bowl and then stir in). Add salt, pepper and garlic to taste.
2. Assemble wraps with a layer of lettuce, tomato and a portion of the egg salad and then roll. If the wraps will not be eaten immediately, add another layer of lettuce to keep the wrap from getting mushy.