I did not know what to make this week. I wanted something easy, fast and new. I just did not know what to do. I was uninspired. AND THEN #sundaysupper happened and the theme was 5 ingredients or less and I thought that round up would have something I could make.
And I love goat cheese and have never made alfredo. It was calling me. The sauce was a little tricky. I will need to work on that. But it tasted pretty good if I say so myself.
Goat Cheese Penne Alfredo
This recipe is slightly adapted from Family Foodie.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups of half-and-half
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 16 ounces of penne cooked al dente
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet or saucepan. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Put the heat at medium, medium high and slowly stir in the half-and-half, constantly stirring. Next slowly stir in goat cheese in small amounts. Cook on medium to medium high heat until smooth and creamy. This may take a little while.
3. Next add the cooked penne and simmer on low for five minutes.