This is going to be my new favorite appetizer for dinner parties! And they are so easy to make. Just a little cutting and baking and presto! delicious food.Bacon-Wrapped Figs Stuffed with Asiago Cheese
This recipe was was adapted from Food.com.
- 6 slices of bacon
- 12 dried figs
- 1/3 cup grated asiago cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil. Lay bacon on baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, until the bacon has rendered some fat but is still pliable; drain on paper towels.
3. Slit the figs lengthwise and fill the pocket with cheese. Next cut the bacon strip in half. Put on fig on a strip of bacon wrap and then secure with toothpick. Repeat.
4. Put the figs in a baking dish with a rim and bake for 10 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Serve warm!!