And the doggies! So cute!
I am not quite happy with the dough on this. I need some more practice. And let me just tell you I will enjoy getting better at making sticky buns🙂
Apple-Pecan Sticky Buns
This recipe is adapted from Shutterbean.
- 2 apples; peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar, divided
- 6 ounces butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan. Place the apples, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1 tablespoon butter in the baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes, lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
2. Next mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add 5 tablespoons butter and mix until crumbly.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with 1/2 cup cream, then mix into the dry ingredients. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to form a 9 inch rectangle. Ok maybe I needed a lot of flour, so lightly floured might not be quite accurate.
4. In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup brown sugar, the pecans and cinnamon. Cut up 2 tablespoons butter and dot the dough. Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture on top and cover evenly with the roasted apples. Roll up the dough, jelly roll style, and cut crosswise into 9 slices; place the slices cut side down in the prepared baking pan. Bake until golden, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
5. In a saucepan bring the remaining 4 tablespoons butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the honey to a boil, stirring. Heat for about 2 minutes and the let cool slightly and drizzle the sauce over the warm buns.