I love Juicy Lucys!! They are hamburgers with cheese in the middle!! Juicy Lucys are a hometown original! Matt’s Bar in Minneapolis takes credit for the first one. And be careful eating your Juicy Lucy, because that cheese can burn you!!
I also made blueberry ketchup! Which was easy and phenomenal. I might add less sugar next time. Things to think about. But it gave it a wonderful fruity taste that was just right. Especially with that mammoth burger, I needed some different flavors.
Today’s post is a #sundaysupper post. Go to the bottom of this post to see all the other wonderful recipes and learn more about Sunday Supper. :)
This recipe was slightly adapted from The Food Network.
- 2 slices of cheese
- 5 ounces ground beef chuck
- pinch of salt
1. Lightly mix the ground beef and salt. Form 2 flat patties, lay the 2 slices of cheese in-between them.
2. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the burger 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve on a soft bun.
This recipe was adapted from Serious Eats.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oil over medium heat in a medium sauce until shimmering. Add in shallot and cook until softened, but not browned. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant.
2. Add in blueberries, vinegar, brown sugar, and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 30-45 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, pour into an airtight container and store in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Tender & Sweet Crockpot Brisket Juanita’s Cocina
- Savory Patriotic Chicken Kabobs Big Bear’s Wife
- Firecracker Salmon Rolls Comfy Cuisine
- Red, White & Blue Grilled Pizza Momma’s Meals
- Baby Back Ribs with Balsamic Peach BBQ Sauce Damn Delicious
- Bubblin’ Brown Sugar Baby Back Ribs In The Kitchen With KP
- Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Juicy Lucy’s with Blueberry Ketchup! by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Beef Mrs. Mama Hen
- Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Salad with Perfectly Grilled Chicken and Potatoes Daddy Knows Less
- Texas Smoked Brisket Doggie At The Dinner Table
- Grilled Chicken in a Blueberry BBQ Sauce Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken Burgers with Curried Cabbage Slaw-Indian Soni’s Food for Thought
- Finger Foods for the Fourth Pescetarian Journal
- Grilled Pork Satays with Peanut Sauce Tora’s Real Food
Salads and Sides:
- Southwestern Corn and Black Bean Salad Supper for a Steal
- Roasted/Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan Katherine Martinelli
- Patriotic Ranch Potato Salad The Meltaways
- Roasted Red Pepper & White Bean Salad Are you hungry
- Texas-Creole Crawfish Potato Salad The Weekend gourmet
- Spicy Italian Peppers in Sauce What Smells so Good?
- Sangria Fruit Salad Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Stuffed Black Olive Cookistry
- Mexican Quinoa Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Low Fat Pasta Salad Basic and Delicious
- Bean Salad with Pickled Vegetables Diabetic Foodie
- Tomato and Mozzarella Appetizer Family Foodie
- Red White & Blueberry Ricotta Cupcakes Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Red Velvet Brownies Magnolia Days
- S’mores Pastries Daily Dish Recipes
- Red, White and Blue Firecracker Cupcakes Chocolate Moosey
- Caramel-filled Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream The Messy Baker
- Strawberry and Cream Cake Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Fourth Sticks In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate Berry Tart Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Apple Pie Beetle’s Kitchen Escapades
- Red White and Blue Coconut Rum Cake Family Spice
- Individual Red White and Blue Triffles Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Mini Carrot Cakes Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Plum and Apple Pies Cositas Bonitas
Fabulous Pairing by Martin from ENOFYLZ