#SundaySupper is a group of bloggers who are on a mission to bring back supper around the family table in every home. This week the theme is All Thing Orange.
Doesn’t that look so beautiful!?! I love this. It is my favorite fall snack or side dish. It is so simple. Whenever it starts to get cold I want to eat an apple and some squash.
I am not a fan of cold weather, but fall is so beautiful. The leaves are changing and all of my walks are so beautiful. And you get all these wonderful new foods. My local farmer’s market has a plethora of new food. I love it!!
This week at #sundaysupper we are making all things orange! I am so excited! I am going to have to make so many of these delicious recipes. Just you wait. It is gonna be all fall all the time. Until I can’t stand it any more. 🙂
Roasted Squash with Ricotta and Honey
This recipe was slightly adapted from Matt Bites.
- 2 acorn squash, seeds removed and cut into quarter (leave the skin on)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 ounces fresh ricotta
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 freshly grated nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut squash in half, remove seeds, and cut each in 1/2 for a total of 8 wedges.
3. Place squash on baking sheet and coat the squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper. I am never very exact with this, a little here, a little there.
4. Roast in oven for 45-50 minutes until soft and toasty.
5. Let cool slightly, spoon on a dollop of ricotta, drizzle with honey and grate fresh nutmeg on top. Serve immediately and enjoy!!!
Sunrise (Breakfast and Brunch)
- Paula from Vintage Kitchen Notes is bringing her Orange Ricotta Pancakes
- Erin from Dinners Dishes and Desserts is baking up some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Heather from Girlichef is bringing Pumpkin Doughnuts with Spiced Buttermilk Glaze
- Nicole from Daily Dish Recipes is making Pumpkin Donut Puffs
- Patti from Comfy Cuisine is bringing Classic Orange Marmalade
- Sunithi from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz is making Spiced Pumpkin Ricotta Muffins with Craisins and Walnuts
- Wendy from The Weekend Gourmet is cooking up some Pumpkin Maple Oatmeal
- Jamie from Mama Mommy Mom is bringing Butternut Squash Butter
- Chelsea from Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence is bringing Pumpkin Spiced Donuts with Chai Icing
High Noon (Soups, Salads and Sandwiches)
- Renee from Magnolia Days is serving up some Butternut Squash Soup
- Beate from Galactopdx is bringing her Carrot Ginger Soup
- Jen from Juanita’s Cocina is making some Curried Sweet Potato Salad With Cranberries and Pecans
- Megan from I Run For Wine is making Skinny Roasted Butternut Squash and Italian Sausage Soup
- Sarah from What Smells So Good is filling our bowls with some Spicy Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
- Alice from Hip Foodie Mom is coming with her Roasted Carrot and Red Quinoa Salad
- Susan from The Wimpy Vegetarian is making Cider – Spiced Sweet Potato Soup
- Tora from Tora’s Real Food is bringing Butternut Squash and Tomato Soup
- Melanie from From Fast Food to Fresh Food is making Monty’s Pumpkin Soup
- Lyn from The Lovely Pantry is bringing Roasted Pumpkin & Coconut Soup
- Kim from Cravings of a Lunatic is whipping up some Mandarin Chicken Salad
Sunset (Dinner and Main Dishes)
- Sarah from Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends is offering up some Pumpkin Ravioli
- Shelia from Pippis In The Kitchen Again is serving her Roasted Squash and Ricotta with Honey
- Pam from The Meltaways is making Spooky Stuffed Peppers
- Patsy from Famfriendsfood is bringing her Carrot Souffle
- Laura from Small Wallet Big Appetite is bringing Chicken and Sweet Potato Fritters
- Mehereen from Chattering Kitchen is making Sichuan Orange Glazed Chicken with Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Tammi from Momma’s Meals is making Hearty Pork Stew
- Kristin from Kwistin’s Favorites is making Orange Chicken
- Soni from Soni’s Food For Thought is cooking up some Rigatoni with Pumpkin Ricotta Sauce
- Shelby from Diabetic Foodie is cooking up some Moroccan Vegetable Stew
- Dara from Generation Y Foodie is bringing Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- Brandie from Home Cooking Memories is sharing a DIY Baked Sweet Potato Bar
- Amber from Mama’s Blissful Bites is bringing Rice and Fig Stuffed Mini Pumpkins
- Valerie from Val’s Food and Or Art made Double Stuffed Roasted Acorn Squash
By The Bonfire (Sweets, Snacks and Sips)
- Carla from Chocolate Moosey is making Pumpkin Tiramisu with Pumpkin Butter Caramel Sauce
- Heather from Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks is offering up some Pumpkin Cake Truffles
- Shelia from Cooking Underwriter is bringing Sweet Potato Bacon Beet Salsa
- Anne from Webicurean is making some Drunken Pumpkin Bread
- Karen from In The Kitchen With KP is making Oven Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- Leslie La Cocina De Leslie is making Sweet Potato Atole
- Seet Fei from My Trials in The Kitchen is bringing Sweet Potatoes Mini Balls
- Tara from Noshing With The Nolands is bringing Oranges En Suprise
- Susan from The Girl in The Red Kitchen is making Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scone with Pumpkin Glaze
- Conni from Mrs. Mama Hen is making Orange Glazed Poundcake
- Isabel from Family Foodie is baking up Moist Pumpkin Bread
- Cindy from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings is baking up a Vegan Pumpkin Orange Cake
- Brenda from Meal Planning Magic is whipping up some Creamy Pumpkin Dip
- Laura from Family Spice is making some Unprocessed and Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- Kathya from Basic and Delicious is baking up Butternut Squash and Carrot Bread
- Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake is serving up Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling
- Stephanie from The Cookie A Day Challenge is whipping up some Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Katie from She Like Ruffles, He Likes Truffles is bringing Pumpkin Harvest Cookies
- Nancy from Gotta Get Baked is baking up some Orange Macadamia Dark Chocolate Cookies
- Angie from Big Bear’s Wife is bringing Orange Soda Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes
- Katy from Happy Baking Days is bringing Carrot Cake with Orange Glaze
- Sandra from Midlife Road Trip is bringing Orange ya glad it’s fall! Hungarian Apricot/Walnut pastries
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper.
We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm(Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite recipes featuring our favorite fall color.
All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat.
We’d also love to feature your easy go to recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers, too.
This looks so good – loving the combination! Thank you so much for joining in this week!
All ingredients I love!! Can’t wait to try them together!!
Pingback: Spooky Stuffed Peppers for an All Things Orange #SundaySupper | The Meltaways
Pingback: Butternut Squash Soup for #SundaySupper
Pingback: Celebrate the Season With Us on Sunday With an All Things Orange #SundaySupper | The Meltaways
Pingback: Pumpkin Harvest Cookies for #SundaySupper | She likes ruffles, he likes truffles
Pingback: Vegan Pumpkin Orange Cake #SundaySupper | Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Pingback: Moist Pumpkin Bread
Pingback: autumn recipes
Pingback: Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese #SundaySupper | Generation Y Foodie
This looks so good! Thanks for sharing!
The honey and the ricotta sound sooo tempting!
Pingback: Oranges En Surprise for All Things Orange at #SundaySupper | | Noshing With The NolandsNoshing With The Nolands
Pingback: Curried Sweet Potato Salad with Cranberries and Pecans ~ All Things Orange #SundaySupper! | Juanita's Cocina
Pingback: Oven Baked Sweet Potato Crisps #SundaySupper
Pingback: Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bites #SundaySupper | Brie's Bites
Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Pingback: Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends – Pumpkin Ravioli #SundaySupper
Loving this combo! And it seems like a pretty easy one to recreate at home: always a good thing!!!! Definitely want to try this out…
Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones with Pumpkin Glaze #SundaySupper - The Girl in the Little Red KitchenThe Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Pingback: #SundaySupper: Cider-Spiced Sweet Potato Soup | The Wimpy Vegetarian
Pingback: Roasted Carrot and Red Quinoa Salad for #SundaySupperHip Foodie Mom | Hip Foodie Mom
Pingback: Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad for #SundaySupper | Cravings of a Lunatic
Pingback: Drunken Pumpkin Bread #SundaySupper - Webicurean — Webicurean
This might be my new favorite simple snack! Fantastic!
Pingback: Orange macadamia dark chocolate cookies for #SundaySupper | gotta get baked
Pingback: Moroccan Vegetable Stew for #SundaySupper « Diabetic Foodie
This sounds good–I love seeing all the different ideas for squash!
Gorgeous! I can’t wait to make this in my own kitchen!
I love roasted squash, this looks amazing!!
Looks so yummy and tasty…
WOW – this would make an amazing breakfast or dessert!
This is so simple, yet sounds amazingly delicious! I’ve never eaten squash with ricotta, but I can almost taste it. I’ll be making these over this Fall season, for sure!
Pingback: DIY Baked Sweet Potato Bar for #SundaySupper - Home Cooking Memories
I enjoy the simple ingredients in your dish! I can whip this up on a busy weeknight and have a delicious meal.
Pingback: Unprocessed and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread for #SundaySupperFamily Spice
Pingback: Roasted Pumpkin & Coconut Soup for #SundaySupper - Lovely Pantry | Lovely Pantry
I love ricotta and am always looking for new uses for it. This is a great idea!!
Pingback: #SundaySupper Orange Chicken #Dinner | Kwistin's Favorites
I never tried cheese and squash sounds different but good!
I need to try this. I think my hubby would totally love this.
I love acorn squash! Roasting it with honey and ricotta sounds amazing
I love acorn squash, but I’ve never tried it with ricotta. Sounds delicious!
Mmm, I agree – simplicity is the best. It allows the natural flavours of the ingredient you’re featuring, like delicious acorn squash. Fabulous!
I could eat this as dessert – yum!
This looks like a perfect way to enjoy the acorn squash!!Love how simple and delicious this is :)Bookmarked!!!
This is an awesome way to prepare and enjoy squash! I love this season! 🙂
You are right , its so simple and easy to prepare and it looks yummy! Love the topping too!
This sounds so healthy, yummy and delish ! I could eat one now.Love the addition of ricotta ! Yummmm
I’m always looking for ideas for roasted squash, I really like the addition of ricotta to the dish.
What a great idea – never put ricotta with squash before!
Such a simple but hearty dish. You can make a meal out if it!
This squash looks wonderful! Love it!
Pingback: Rigatoni with Pumpkin Ricotta Sauce #SundaySupper | Soni's Food for Thought
I love this idea for a Fall appetizer!
I would have never thought to pair the two together… looks interesting and sounds delicious.
Pingback: Pumpkin Donut Puffs #SundaySupper » The Daily Dish Recipes
Pingback: Spiced Pumpkin Ricotta Oat Muffins with Craisins & Walnuts #SundaySupper #GlutenFree - SUE'S NUTRITION BUZZ