I made sangria for the dinner party!! I love sangria! I get to put my favorite fruits in delicious wine. YUM!
Today’s sunday supper’s theme is ‘What does Sunday Supper means to you?’ I was not sure what to write about at first. I normally work on sunday and the objective of Sunday Supper is to increase the number of family meals. I live by myself. So I don’t get to have big meals. But that got me thinking about my dinner parties.
I love my dinner parties. Since I live by myself, I think a lot about how to be social and see people and how not to be a hermit. I also love food, so it did not take long to decide I wanted to have a dinner party. Every single party has been great. We have delicious and varied food. Everyone gets to contribute and then we have interesting conversation about random subjects like Fight Club and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo or what the definition of a fruit is.
Sunday supper to me, is about people coming together around a table and enjoying good food and fun conversation, playing games and sharing in each others lives. In a world where it can be easy to feel alone and cut off from people. My dinner parties are one way to reconnect. I hope to have dinner parties for a very long time to come.
Prosecco is an Italian white wine, with a nice fizz to it. Just be careful when you open it. I ended up wearing a little of it .
This recipe is adapted from Martha Stewart.
- 2 peaches
- 1 nectarine
- 3 apricots
- 1 pineapple
- 1 pear
- 5 ounces apple brandy
- 2 bottles (1500 mL) chilled Prosecco, (Italian sparkling wine)
- 2 cups peach nectar
1. In a pitcher, combine the peaches, nectarines, and apricots, pitted and cut into wedges. Add the pineapple and pear, pealed and chopped. Stir in the apple brandy and let sit for at least 1 hour.
2. Stir in the Prosecco and peach nectar.
#SundaySupper is so much more than one meal a week!
Merrell has chosen these 10 amazing bloggers to host a giveaway on their site. Make sure you stop by for a chance to win some great Merrell Products. From city streets to mountain trails and everywhere in between, we are impressed by Merrell’s passion!
- Blueberry Muffins by Magnolia Days
- Korean Ribs – Alaska Camping Edition with MrsMamaHen
- Fresh Corn on the Cob by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Hearts of Palm Salad with Avocado by Basic n Delicious
- Shallot BBQ Shredded Beef by Juanita’s Cocina
- Taking #SundaySupper Outdoors With a Fun Picnic…Featuring Spicy Pinto and Black Bean Salad with Roasted Corn and Avocado by The Weekend Gourmet
- On Top of Our Game with Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars by The Watering Mouth
- Chicken & Dumplings Around the Campfire by Daily Dish Recipes
- Wine & Food Festivals; a lifestyle the whole family can enjoy! by Wine Everyday
- Outdoor Grilling Filipino Rice Cakes in Coconut & Banana Leaves by The Queen’s Notebook
The inspiration and recipes don’t stop there, we have more reasons to celebrate wine, food, friends and #SundaySupper and you don’t want to miss these great posts and recipes:
- Embracing Old Family Traditions while Creatiing New Ones ~ Enchiladas de Chile y Ajo by Girlichef
- The Embassy´s Nut Crescents by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chicken Curry Pie by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Prosecco Sangria by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Grilled Campfire Steak with Bleu Cheese Sauce by The Messy Baker
- Bringing #SundaySupper to All by Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Honey Mustard Baked Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- S’mores Brownies: Desserts Make #SundaySupper by Mama Mommy Mom
- Tandoori Salmon Rolled in Whole Wheat Couscous by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Whole Wheat Macaroni with Spinach Pecan Pesto-Enjoying by Soni’s Food for Thought
- Southwestern Chicken Wraps Fam Friends Food
- Ahi Tuna Salad Family Style Family Foodie
- Wines For The Foods That Move You ENOFYLZ
Let’s celebrate wine, food, friends and #SundaySupper. The fun starts every week at 3:00pm ET by showcasing fabulous recipes. At 7:00 pm ET, we will start our live chat. Join us on twitter by using hashtag #Sundaysupper or using Tweetchat. We love to feature your recipes on our #sundaysupper pinterest board and share them with all of our followers.
You might want to say hello to our friends at Merrell too: www.merrell.com